Sunday 21 January 2018

My big 60th birthday challenge - running the London Marathon for Sightsavers

I'm running the London Marathon on 22 April this year for Sightsavers because they excel in preventing and treating blindness. 

If you’d like to support me my donations page is here.

As a general surgeon who has served in a Kenyan mission hospital I've witnessed first-hand the devastating damage that blindness can do to individuals and communities but also realise how effective, and relatively cheap, preventive and curative measures are. 

As CEO of Christian Medical Fellowship I'm deeply committed to healthcare in the developing world.

I turn 60 this February so would like to celebrate that by running to support this great charity. This will be my sixth London marathon since my wife and kids told me (with good justification) in my mid-40s that I was going to seed so I am indebted to them that I can still run.

In five previous marathons between 2004 and 2014  friends and colleagues have generously helped me to raise over £25,000 for Whizz Kidz, Alzheimer's Society, Down's Syndrome, Help the Hospices and Christian Blind Mission.  

Would you partner with me in raising another £5,000 to help Sightsavers protect and restore sight in developing world communities? 

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.